Quick Recovery Breast Augmentation: Larger Breast Implants Smaller Downtime
Also known as the 24-Hour-Recovery, Bloodless Augment or Rapid-Recovery method of Breast Augmentation; during surgery Dr. Turner uses a special surgical instrument that allows gentle and precise dissection of breast tissue that cauterizes small blood vessels and prevents them from bleeding. This technique results in a procedure that is virtually bloodless and reduces your risks significantly over traditional breast augmentation methods. Dr. Turner’s Rapid Recovery breast augmentation method allows you to return to regular activity and normal everyday life sooner.
Breast augmentation has become the world’s most popular cosmetic surgical procedure. Dr. Robert Turner’s approach and rapid recovery technique is constantly being refined in order to allow women to undergo surgery, recover, and resume their daily routines in the shortest timeframe possible. When considering breast augmentation, it’s important to understand that recovery although brief, is a crucial step in achieving your desired result. By knowing what to expect ahead of time, and by following your surgeon’s postoperative instructions, you can maximize the likelihood of a successful surgery.
Dr. Robert Turner is one of Canada’s busiest and most experienced breast augmentation surgeons, performing hundreds of breast surgeries in Winnipeg each year. Breast augmentation is one of the most popular procedures for women and is designed to enlarge the breasts or restore volume lost, due to pregnancies or weight fluctuations. Breast implant surgery can correct breast asymmetries, contour abnormalities and restore a more youthful appearance. Breast augmentation will increase the fullness and projection of the breasts and also improve the balance and proportions of your figure. It can significantly improve your self image, self confidence and the way you feel about your overall appearance.
Breast augmentation is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, and never to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of “ideal” image. Breast augmentation can produce dramatic and beautiful results on its own, as well as in conjunction with other cosmetic surgical procedures such as breast lift (mastopexy).
During your consultation with Dr. Turner, the different styles of breast implants available will be discussed and customized through sizing, to ensure that you reach your personal aesthetic goals. The procedure, including expected outcomes, risks, benefits, and other critical details will also be discussed thoroughly, as they pertain to you.
After undergoing breast augmentation surgery using smooth silicone cohesive gel implants, Dr. Turner will advise the following:
- Restrict yourself to very light activity for the first few days following surgery. Most patients are back to normal activity within 7 days (not including exercise or heavy lifting)
- Take all pain relievers and antibiotics as directed
- Your post surgical bra will be provided and is to be worn after surgery. Wear this or a comfortable sports bra continuously for the first 2 weeks taking it off for short periods only, to launder, shower or air out. You’ll find that for the first 2-3 weeks you are more comfortable with the bra on versus off, including at nighttime. DO NOT wear underwire or push-up bras for at least 6 weeks following surgery.
- You may shower on the second day following your surgery. The incision can get wet, however should not be soaked in a bath, hot tub or swimming pool for at least 3 weeks after surgery. Do not apply soap directly to your incision areas. Pat dry with a clean towel.
- All loose gauze dressings can be removed after 2 days. The steri-strips (tape) found directly on your incisions can be removed after 10 days.
- The sutures are dissolving and do not need to be removed
- Low impact activity/exercise such as walking or riding a stationary bike can usually be resumed at 3 weeks following surgery. It’s important that your breast are stable during these activities and do not bounce. High impact or strenuous activity (heavy gym workouts, running, etc.) can be resumed at 4-6 weeks. Let your body be your guide. Start slow and don’t over do it.
- Breast massage should begin as soon as possible. Using both hands; cup the breast and rotate in a circular motion and also move each breast up and down and from side to side. Do you best to ensure you are moving the entire breast including the implant and not just your own breast tissue. These exercises will become easier as the breast swelling decreases and the tissues become softer.
- An in office follow up appointment is recommended 3-4 weeks after surgery
Dr. Turner is the most recommended Plastic Surgeon specializing in Cosmetic Surgery in Winnipeg. Contact Aesthetic Solutions now to schedule your appointment or for further inquiry.